Kerala State Productivity Council with six decades of training and consulting experience in promoting Productivity is organizing Three Day St. John Ambulance Certified Training Programme On “First Aid” jointly with Indian Red Cross Society, Kerala State Branch and with the approval & certification by St. John Ambulance (India) from 5th to 7th July 2022.
As you are aware that the knowledge in First Aid is a must to save human lives from premature deaths by accident, natural or manmade calamities etc. People in all walks of life have to essentially undergo First Aid training so as to enable them to administer First aid as and when required. It may be recalled that modern labor laws insist on the presence of one certified first aider among five employees. It is the same parameter for multiple areas or floors of the workplace as well as it is required for the students/people who look for higher studies and further jobs abroad.
The St. John Ambulance India and Indian Red Cross Society are voluntary humanitarian organizations. IRCS is having a network of branches throughout the country, providing First aid training courses according to the syllabus prescribed by the St. John Ambulance (India). The training would enable successful candidates to qualify for the award of St. John Ambulance Certification that is recognized all over the world.
First aid Training is mandatory for all factories. As per Factories Act, Section 45, there shall in every factory be provided and maintained first-aid boxes equipped with the prescribed contents, and the number of such boxes shall not be less than one for every one hundred and fifty workers or part thereof ordinarily employed. Each first-aid box shall be kept in the charge of a separate responsible person (in each shift of work) who holds a certificate in first-aid treatment recognized by the Government.
Detailed syllabus of the course is as follows
· Principles of First-Aid
· Description of the structure and functions of the body
· Practical- The triangular bandages and its application to the head, chest, back, shoulder, elbow, hand, hip, knee and foot. Arm Slings
· Varieties, signs and symptoms
· Treatment of fractures-general rules
· Individual fractures- The skull, lower jaw, spine, ribs, breast bone, collar bone, shoulder blades, forearm, hand, pelvis, thigh, knee cap, leg and foot
· Dislocations, sprains, strains-signs, symptoms and treatment
· Practical- Treatment of fractures and strains, Application of splints
· General description of the heart and blood vessels
· Circulation of the blood
· Wounds and Haemorrhage
· Wounds accompanied by Arterial Haemorrhage
· The situation of the main arteries- pressure points
· Wounds accompanied by capillary or venous haemorrhage- varicose veins
· Haemorrhage from special regions- bruises
· Practical- Compression of arteries
· Injuries to internal organs- Haemorrhage
· Burns, scalds, stings, bites of snakes and rapid animals, frostbite
· Foreign bodies in eye, ear and nose
· Treatment of fractures and haemorrhage
· Respiration- natural and artificial
· The nervous system
· Practical- Artificial Respiration
The Classes are handled by competent Doctors / Faculties from Indian Red Cross Society.
Copyright © 2016 KSPC